Most people go into a panic when things go wrong with equipment at home. One way to reduce the panic and keep your house in order is to have a maintenance agreement with a professional company. For a fixed monthly or annual fee, a professional will keep your equipment in top working order.
Here are some reasons why you should have a maintenance agreement in place for your home:
1. Lower cost over time. When you maintain your equipment, the repair cost tends to be lower, and failure happens less frequently. Your equipment operates more efficiently when well maintained, saving money on operating costs like your utility bills. This may also reduce the pressure on emergency funds for sudden breakdowns and repair.
2. Peace of mind. Besides saving you money, regular maintenance will reduce the chance of you having to take cold showers for days while your water heater is being replaced. A maintenance agreement will also lengthen the lifespan of the components in your equipment. This postpones replacement and allows you to maximize the use of your equipment.
3. Keeping Your Warranty. Some manufacturers won’t replace a part if the unit has not been maintained by a professional. Rather than having to remember to book and keep up with maintenance yourself, having an agreement in place ensures that you keep the added protection of a warranty should your parts fail.
4. Relationship. You can count on your regular service company who will want to keep your business rather than one-off servicing by a stranger. If there are any ongoing issues, a maintenance agreement will provide you with better follow up on work done. The technicians who take care of your home will also become familiar with how everything works and will be better able to make suggestions and pick up on issues early on.
5. Safety. For routine maintenance, you may be able to take care of it yourself. You might even be tempted to do more complex maintenance on your own. However, a professional will know the safest way to carry out the work. Protect yourself and your family by having a professional do regular, planned maintenance on your equipment.
Get your home’s maintenance in order. To find out more about maintenance agreements, and whether it’s the right fit for you, give Allied Plumbing Service a call to discuss.